Renewing your expired driver’s license is pretty fast. The renewal process itself only takes less than 30 minutes but the drug and medical exam depends if there’s a number of applicants on queue. I had my driver’s license renewed today at SM North EDSA LTO driver’s license renewal center.
- Expired Driver’s License – Note that renewal centers do not accept licenses that are already expired for more than two years. For such cases, the license holder must have their renewal in LTO main office.
- Medical Exam and Negative Drug and Results – In SM North EDSA, there’s a medical and drug testing center beside the renewal center. Based from my experience, it took me almost 2 hours to undergo the medical and drug test process due to long queues of applicants. The testing center opens at 9:00 AM and I was on time. I would not recommend renewing your license on Fridays and during paypay due to long queues in the Medical and Drug testing center.
- Ballpen – It would not be a good idea not to bring your pen with you. Prior to the medical and drug exams and the renewal process itself, you have to fill-out a total of five pages of forms.
- Have your medical and drug test exams. You will have to surrender your expired license and pay 450.00 pesos for the exams.
- Once you have the results on hand, you will be asked to proceed to LTO renewal center and will have to fill-out another form. They will then ask you if there are any changes on your information (address etc.). Any request in information costs additional 100.00 pesos.
- You will have to wait for a few minutes for picture taking
- Another few minutes of waiting and you will be called to proceed at the payment section. Renewal fee costs 350 pesos and processing/computer fee is 67.63 pesos.
- Another few minutes and you will be called for the release of your new license and receipt
Medical and Drug test: 450.00 Pesos
Renewal Fee: 350.00 Pesos
Computer Fee: 67.63 Pesos
Penalty: 150.00 Pesos (Penalty only applies to expired license holders)
Total: 1,017.63 Pesos